Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability scan systems

From: "Penn, Blake" <pennb () UWW EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:28:15 -0600

We are using GFI Languard and nessus together.  Languard mostly for the
workstations and nessus for the servers/critical infrastructure.

Note that version 7 of Languard and version 3 of nessus have some very
significant improvements over the previous versions (features in the case of
Languard, and performance in the case of nessus).  We have nessus 3 running
on FreeBSD and it is just plain FAST!

Blake Penn, CISSP
Information Security Officer
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater