Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

web browser security zones

From: Kevin Shalla <kshalla () UIC EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:16:34 -0600

This prompts me to ask about web browser security zones.  Does anyone
make substantial changes to the default IE security zone
security?  How effective is this?  We make a few changes (adding
certain sites to the trusted sites and granting certain extra access
in that zone), but not much.  Do other browsers have such detailed
settings by security zone?  It appears that Firefox has very little
granularity (just load images and popups) in the security setup.