Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: WMF patch released

From: Jeni Li <jeni.li () ASU EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 13:56:51 -0700

A question came up from one of our desktop managers --

Has anyone found or discovered any info related to the consequences of applying the official update with Ilfak's
unofficial fix still installed?  I know sans is recommending uninstalling the unofficial fix first, but with the way AD
timings and WSUS timings work, the only way to really guarantee that it happens in that order is to leave all of your
machines unprotected from all fixes for a considerable amount of time (undeploy Ilfak's msi, wait a day or so, then
approve the MS fix via WSUS.

Jeni Li
Web/Systems Administrator
Arizona State University, at the Polytechnic campus