Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Antivirus Software

From: "Donald, A. Wayne" <wdonald () VT EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:54:59 -0500

Virginia Tech currently has a site license with Symantec, but is looking
at other options as its approaching contract renewal time.  Our
preference is to have a package that handles several platforms, has easy
or automatic updates, easy activation, etc.  I was wondering what other
institutions might be using, and what their experience has been.
Symantec has been a good product for us, but with many new options
available today I thought it might be worthwhile to hear from some other
institutions.

You can share with the listserv, or send directly to me at
wdonald () vt edu.