Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security awareness programs for end-users

From: Samuel C Kennedy/AC/VCU <skennedy () VCU EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:32:14 -0500

I would be interested in knowing if anyone is addressing the use of
personal information on sites such as My Space, LiveJournal or Facebook?
Recent events at the University have brought this up as an issue to be
addressed to our campus population.  Like many other security issues it is
a behavioral issue which is how we are choosing to approach it.  I am
curious if others are looking at this issue or are they leaving it to
Student Affairs and campus police to address as part of broader safety
programs.  I want Technology Services to play a role in this education so
we are partnering with other entities at the University.  I am unsure what
our final role will be but we have a seat at the table.  I am just curious
about what other schools are doing?  Thanks.

Sam

Sam Kennedy
VCU Technology Services
Virginia Commonwealth University
P.O. Box 843069
701 West Broad
Technology Administration Building
Richmond, Virginia 23284
(804) 828-0522
Visit us at www.vcucard.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
copies of the original message.

Jason Richardson <A00JER2 () WPO CSO NIU EDU>
12/16/2005 11:38 AM
Please respond to
The EDUCAUSE Security Discussion Group Listserv
<SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>

SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
cc

Subject
[SECURITY] Security awareness programs for end-users

I know that many of you have developed extensive security awareness
programs for that are geared towards, and presented to your end-users.
We are embarking on developing something similar here so I would like to
look at some examples.

TIA,

---
Jason Richardson