Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Domain Controller Attacks

From: "Bowden, Zeb" <zbowden () VT EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:43:54 -0400

Not sure if this is helpful or not but if you're having trouble with
people enumerating your domain user accounts (thus allowing them to lock
them quickly and easily):

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246261 (for
Windows 2000)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/S
erverHelp/f7151ee4-e4cf-460e-b641-0329af1838ad.mspx (for Windows 2003)

Of course this setting can break quite a few legacy apps (or even break
trusts with NT4) so you'll have to be careful with it...

Zeb Bowden
VT.SETI.IAD.MIG:Systems Architect
http://vtmig.w2k.vt.edu
zbowden () vt edu