Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SECURITY Digest - 2 Aug 2005 to 3 Aug 2005 (#2005-142)

From: Terry Gray <gray () WASHINGTON EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 07:15:48 -0700

From:    "Cary, Kim" <Kim.Cary () PEPPERDINE EDU>
Subject: Off-Topic: List Etiquette & Rules

I participate in several lists where attachments, and mime encoded
portions of messages, are stripped. Many of the messages on this list
come with a base64 encoded block that is 10x the size of the text, or
with several hundred lines of CSS/HTML that is unreadable. I wonder if
there is some sentiment on the list for having these message parts
stripped (or, for having messages containing them rejected, as on some
lists).

YES YES YES YES...   Pleeese!

 -Terry Gray
  <gray () washington edu>