Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

educuase (the mailing list) and pgp/gpg signatures

From: Peter Moody <peter () UCSC EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:03:45 -0700

Hello -

I'm not sure if this is an issue for anyone else or not, but the
listserv software used by the educause folks completely breaks
cryptographic signatures by adding the footer that it in the way it
does.

I've sent messages to the admins but it appears they've been ignored. It
seems curious to me that a security oriented list such as this one,
would use software which negates the security provided by gpg/pgp and
cryptographic signatures.

Other lists use listserv software which doesn't break signatures like
educuase's does, and it would seem to me to be a worthwhile investment
of time to try and find a solution which would work in the educause
environment.

Regards,
-Peter

--
Peter Moody         831/459.5409        <peter () ucsc edu>
Information Security Administrator                AS5739