Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Merchant services credit card project

From: Scott Genung <sagenung () ILSTU EDU>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 22:09:45 -0500

Theresa,

Yes. We can't seem to come to a consensus here as to exactly how these
regulations apply to us. For example, the term public facing (used in the
self assessment) is something that we don't seem to agree on here. Does
this mean the public Internet or basically anyone (including campus users)
that interface to the front-end transaction gateway? I'm assuming that
others have also been working through these issues. We are working on a
plan to meet the requirements of CISP but we need clarification on a few of
these issues as we work through the self assessment. Is anyone willing to
share their experiences on this topic?