Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

NACUBO Webcast, May 24: "Do We Have To? Meeting Credit Card Security Requirements"

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 17:11:49 -0600

The Security Task Force would like to encourage security professionals
to consider attending NACUBO's May 24 Webcast, "Do We Have To? Meeting
Credit Card Security Requirements". Also, please note that it might be
of benefit to attend this Webcast with individuals from offices such as
bursar, athletics, campus parking, conferences & special events, or any
other departments that might accept credit card payments (or are
contemplating online credit card payments).

May 24 Webcast: Do We Have To? Meeting Credit Card Security Requirements

If your institution processes or transmits more than 20,000 credit card
transactions-including at the point of sale, over the Internet, on the
phone, or through the mail-it must comply with VISA and MasterCard's
Cardholder Information Security Program (CISP) requirements and security
standards. Learn the actions your institution needs to take to be in
compliance by June 30. Presenters will cover CISP compliance levels,
criteria, validation actions, and compliance benefits and penalties.
<http://www.nacubo.org/x6156.xml>