Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: netflow analysis

From: Arturo Servin <aservin () ITESM MX>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 05:38:33 -0500

        We use flor-tools and some KSH scripts to perform some queries to
retrive information about rx/tx machines, protocols, ports. We just apply
the scripts in demand when we need something, but I am sure that it could be
relatively easy to do something proactive.

        In the past months I found this paper, I do not if its public but
anyone with access to IEEE eXplore can download it.

Defending against Internet Worm-like Infestations
Shou-Chuan Lai, Wen-Chu Kuo, Mu-Cheng Hsieh.
Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Advanced Information
Networking and Application (AINA’04)

-as