Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: BitTorrent & eDonkey/Overnet

From: Charlie Prothero <Charlie.Prothero () KEYSTONE EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:19:31 -0500

I installed Bit Torrent on my laptop, because it was the only way to
download an open source application that I was interested in.  Thus,
blocking it might deprive network users of the ability to receive some
content (this could be good or bad, depending on your perspective).  The
software does seem to be a P2P technology, so bandwidth consumption
could become a problem with widespread use.