Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Problematic inserting of comma characters

From: Brian Eckman <eckman () UMN EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:05:11 -0600

Melissa Guenther wrote:
 I am asking if anyone has experienced anything similar to what is
described below, and how you fixed it:

Recently, a PC withW98 has experienced random insertion of commas after
the letters m or n are typed.  the keyboard is not sticking and no new
software has ben added.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Melissa Guenther

Melissa,

Did you try replacing the keyboard? That's the first step I would take.

Brian
--
Brian Eckman
Security Analyst

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who
understand binary and those who don't."