Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Index of University Security Websites by Security Model

From: James Moore <jhmfa () RIT EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:05:52 -0500

I ask a lot of questions, because as many of you know I am new to higher
ed (almost 3 years, compared to 15 in corporate America, and 5 in DoD).
When I first got to RIT, I bookmarked a bunch of pages at various
universities.  And then I began writing to you asking for help.

A few months ago, a student working for me, took some of my bookmarks,
and some of the IAM areas, and turned them into a webpage matrix
(attached).  The reason is that most university security website
navigation doesn't seem to yield the security model/project referencecs
that I need, is that they are centered around operations, and focused on
largest audiences.  Security professionals at other universities are not
your highest targets in terms of audience.  I understand that.

I want to redo my matrix.  I am looking at doing some cross referencing
to security models like Octave, CobIT, and IAM.  If anyone wants to
help, contact me.  If I have reinvented the wheel, point me in that
direction.

I just asked the question about web pages in various areas, as I am
getting accused of trying to be bleeding edge.  This is especially true
in information classification and handling.  What I had previously asked
for were web references to projects that I am working on, and that you
may have already completed. I was looking at wanting to bnefit from the
knowledge of others.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

- - -
Jim Moore, CISSP, IAM
Information Security Officer
Rochester Institute of Technology
13 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623-5603
Office: 585-475-5406
Fax: 585-475-7950

"In cases of defence 'tis best to weigh the enemy more mighty than he
seems" - William Shakespeare (Henry V, Act 2, Scene 4)