Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Bagle-J

From: Todd Gunter <guntet () SAGE EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:56:28 -0500

We have been hit by this latest variant as well.  We get out email through a portal and not locally anymore.  Their
anti-virus software didn't pick it up.  Our local anti-virus software (CA) hasn't been able to detect it either.  We
are working with both to fix our problem.  CA picks up the virus on their end but we can't here.  Weird problem.

This is the sneekest email yet in virus delivery.  Our users are quickly becoming very cautious in regards to email and
internet use.  However, we did get a few who fell prey and have caused us some problems.  We've had to shut off
filesharing and are trying to locate all infected PCs and shared files.  We're having little luck.  Still we don't have
a way to clean it up just yet.  Hopefully our anti-virus detection will catch up and do it's job.

Todd

-----------------------------
Todd Gunter
Director, Management Information Systems
Information Technologies Project Manager
guntet () sage edu
45 Ferry St
Troy, NY 12180
518-857-6754 (cell)