Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Administrative account access control

From: "Niedens, Travis" <Travis_Niedens () REDLANDS EDU>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 08:37:49 -0800

We use Windows server for Cisco ACS auth and I have even labbed Windows 2003
Server and done TLS-PEAP with it; it works pretty flawlessly.  Personally,
I'd rather use keyfob / SecurID to authenticate.  I'm used to this
environment and prefer it.  I guess one benefit is that most admins that
deploy it run it off of Solaris, however, it can be costly. Most modern
NOS's can authentication for you.  The choice you make really is dependant
upon your environment (support, budget, comfort, etc.)

Travis Niedens
Network Manager
University of Redlands

Phone: (909) 748-6328