Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Computer Classroom Security

From: Deborah Manning <DManning () CW EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:41:21 -0500

I am looking for advice on security practices for computer classrooms.
We have had a rash of theft and vandalism in our labs where equipment
has been vandalized - flat panel monitors scratched with sharp object,
memory stolen from pc's, a projector stolen.  We have locks on most
equipment but there is always a way.  Has anyone used CATV type
surveillance/recording  for classrooms?  Any recommendations on systems,
preferably networked?

Deborah

Deborah F. Manning
Director, Institutional Information & Technology
The College of Westchester
325 Central Avenue
White Plains, NY 10606
Phone: 914-831-0328