Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Introduction and preliminary question re: use of IDS/IPS

From: Dennis Vich <dvich () ACELATECHNOLOGIES COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:45:40 -0500

We've deployed the StillSecure Border Guard IPS at several educational
institutions (www.stillsecure.com).  I agree with Peter, the Tipping
Point IPS switch is a very nice solution if you have the budget.

Overall, the trend since Blaster we're seeing is more interest in
placing IPS between student segments and administrative networks than in
protecting the public interface.

Dennis Vich
Acela Technologies, Inc.
301-846-9060 office