Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Ethics of a University ISO

From: Ken Shaurette <Ken.Shaurette () OMNITECHCORP COM>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 18:02:44 -0600

Here are a few that might be of value:

http://www.kluweronline.com/issn/1388-1957
The ONLY journal to report exclusively on the social and ethical dimensions of emerging information technology...

http://cyberethics.cbi.msstate.edu/   - Computer Ethics, Information Systems Ethics

http://onlineethics.org/    -  Welcome to the Online Ethics Center for Engineering and Science. Our mission is to
provide engineers, scientists, and science and engineering students with resources for understanding and addressing
ethically significant problems that arise in their work, and to serve those who are promoting learning and advancing
the understanding of responsible research and practice in science and engineering.

http://www.thinkquest.org/library/lib/site_sum_outside.html?tname=26658&url=26658/  Temp Closed.
Site Desciption
The growth of the WWW has created several novel legal issues, which existing laws cannot always solve. Computer ethics
seeks to find a balance between the positive and adverse effects of this new technology. The site is devoted to
providing a basic understanding of computer ethics to the Internet users of tomorrow, with the hope that they will make
informed and moral decisions throughout their careers. The sections in the site progress from a basic introduction of
the meaning of computer ethics , to a discussion of copyright , licensing issues, information concerning censorship,
and privacy issues. Other site features include a computer ethics discussion board, in which users are encouraged to
voice their own opinions; the ability to create a user account and enter the site later with one's own login; and a
special page with information for teachers.

Ken M. Shaurette, CISSP, CISA, IAM,

Omni Tech Corporation,

(262) 523-3300 x486