BreachExchange mailing list archives

FW: Important Information for Disney Destinations Email Recipients

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 12:15:25 -0500 (CDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Disney Destinations [mailto:disney () vacation disneyworld com]
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2011 7:55 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Important Information for Disney Destinations Email Recipients

Dear Guest,

We have been informed by one of our email service providers, Epsilon, that
your email address was exposed by an unauthorized entry into that
provider's computer system.  We use our email service providers to help us
manage the large number of email communications with our guests.  Our
email service providers send emails on our behalf to guests who have
chosen to receive email communications from us.

We regret that this incident has occurred and any inconvenience this
incident may cause you.  We take your privacy very seriously, and we will
continue to work diligently to protect your personal information.

We want to assure you that your email address was the only personal
information we have regarding you that was compromised in this incident.

As a result of this incident, it is possible that you may receive spam
email messages, emails that contain links containing computer viruses or
other types of computer malware, or emails that seek to deceive you into
providing personal or credit card information.  As a result, you should be
extremely cautious before opening links or attachments from unknown third
parties or providing a credit card number or other sensitive information

If you have any questions regarding this incident, please contact us at
(407) 560-2547 during the hours of 9:00 am to 7:00 pm (Eastern Time)
Monday through Friday, and 9:00 am through 5:00 pm (Eastern Time) Saturday
and Sunday.

Sincerely,

Disney Destinations