Dailydave mailing list archives

Secure By Default Part 2

From: Dave Aitel via Dailydave <dailydave () lists aitelfoundation org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 11:23:43 -0500

So I wrote a little draft essay on Secure By Default and opened it for
comment. I think one thing that we maybe forget in our community is that
some of the more fundamental basises of what we do never make it up to
policy-world. Langsec being the primary example. But also there's a huge
body of work in TAOSSA, Shellcoders, every offensive conference talk, etc.
that never gets put into context anywhere but in our clique.

Obviously feel free to just comment in-thread if you prefer, even if you
work at CISA:
https://mastodon.social/@dave_aitel/111779922142416342

Thanks,
Dave