Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: 0xC15A: Secure By Design and Secure by Default

From: telsh via Dailydave <dailydave () lists aitelfoundation org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 16:19:57 +0100

Hey everybody,

On 19.01.24 05:18, Christian Heinrich via Dailydave wrote:
Dave,

On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 at 08:13, Dave Aitel via Dailydave
<dailydave () lists aitelfoundation org> wrote:
  This is not a bad way to go about business as a government agency in general. I think it's easy
to ignore how fast the USG has changed its business practices, showing an agility that few large
organizations can match.

https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2024-01/OIG-24-09-Jan24.pdf
reached a different conclusion.

Please note the last sentence on page 3:
        "The scope of our audit was efforts during fiscal years 2019 through 2022"

Not being a fanboy of CISA, I see that quite a lot of (positive) things have happened in the last 2 years there.

And publishing a report for that timeframe in January 2024 puts the OIG in a questionable light regarding agility and speed.

Just my 0.02 €...
telsh