Dailydave mailing list archives

Standing up an intel op with seized funds

From: Nick Selby <nick.selby () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 09:19:11 -0400

I hope no one considers this spam: I just posted an article/podcast with Pat
Ryder, who stood up and runs the asset forfeiture and intelligence division
of the Nassau County (NY) police department. It's an astonishing facility,
which he built using lots of common sense, internal data sharing discipline,
and 62% of the money to build it came from seized assets. Pat talks about
how he started, how he's grown it, and how he solved resource problems with
open source or cheap off the shelf software, college interns and
cross-trained staff. *I* think it's an interesting read if you're into intel
operations but then again, I wrote the thing.

Part I is up now: http://policeledintelligence.com/2011/04/06/ryder-ncpd/

Part II next Wednesday.