Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: So when will the end of pen-tests begin?

From: "David Maynor" <dave () erratasec com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:50:40 -0500

I can't see pentests ending anytime soon. Now besides just a general
sense of fear they are being driven by different things like compliance
issuses. To be honest the result of the pentest seems less important to
people than filling the checkbox that they have had one done. I think
that there has been a huge shift in the focus of pentests lately, no
longer do most clients seem happy in paying for a simple report that
says "Dud3 y0ur 0wn3d!" I think as time goes on pentests, site
assessments, and blackbox app assessments will merge which should put
more pressure on vendors to fix these problems.