Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: MS05-027 exploits around?

From: Pusscat <pusscat () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 08:49:15 -0400

Lately, MS has been  erring on the side of caution. They'll claim a bug is
remote execution while researchers can only produce a DoS for it; or they'll
claim something is preauth, when on most versions of windows access to that
particular named pipe does require auth.

PS - I know I've seen at least a PoC for this exploit; can't recall if I've
seen a reliable professional exploit though. I'd suggest erring on the side
of caution too.

PPS - Is the client in question CBA or AZN?  :)