Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: MS05-027 exploits around?

From: "Bo Mendenhall" <Bo.Mendenhall () hsc utah edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:22:21 -0600

A product that does things similar to CANVAS has a MS05-027 exploit
(*Does crashing the host count as exploiting it?) available that
exploits microsoft-ds & netbios-ssn services on WinXP Home & Pro sp0-2.
Also requires anonymous access to be enabled...I've started testing
exactly what that means - and so far seem to have exploited
(err...crashed) one out of three machines that Foundstone claimed did
not have MS05-027.

"Hackling, Matthew (AU - Melbourne)" <mhackling () deloitte com au>
07/11/06 6:49 AM >>>
Hello,

We just found that one of our clients in missing the MS05-027 patch on
numerous servers due to a oversight in an automated build procedure.

Does anyone know of a publicly available exploit for this
vulnerability?

We've check the latest canvas release, had a good google, went to
packetstorm, metasploit, secunia.com, eeye, qualys (credited with
discovery) web sites et al.

If we find a public exploit for this we'll have to press the big red
button and set a few pagers ringing, so we're keen to know if anyone
knows if a sploit is available.

Kind Regards,

Matthew Hackling B.Sc. (Security) CISSP
Account Director
Deloitte

This email and any attachments to it are confidential.  You must not
use, disclose or act on the email if you are not the intended recipient.
  Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards
Legislation.  Deloitte is a member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (a Swiss
Verein).  As a Swiss Verein (association), neither Deloitte Touche
Tohmatsu nor any of its member firms has any liability for each other's
acts or omissions.  Each of the member firms is a separate and
independent legal entity operating under the names "Deloitte", "Deloitte
& Touche", "Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu", or other related names.  Services
are provided by the member firms or their subsidiaries and affiliates
and not by the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Verein.