Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: CISSP quote of the week

From: listlurker () doctorunix com
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:30:17 -0500

Quoting Paul Wouters <paul () xelerance com>:

****
"Also, the majority of attacks in the wild are well-known and easily
detected and blocked. "
****

How do they know that they are detecting the "majority" of the attacks?
I was under the, apparently false, impression that they would actually
not be able to detect the undetectable attacks....

How about, "the majority of unknown/undetectable hacks are not in the wild". or, "All the attacks I found on my crappy two bit IDS were attacks that the IDS was able to identify". It almost fits!

ll

Email solutions, MS Exchange alternatives and extrication,
security services, systems integration.
Contact:    services () doctorunix com