Dailydave mailing list archives

Tech reporting...

From: <halvar () gmx de>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 00:25:01 -0700

Hey all,

since almost everything you say will be misquoted and taken out of context in tech
reporting, can someone clarify the following quote ?

" Joseph Klein, senior security analyst at the aerospace electronic systems division
for Honeywell Technology Solutions, said he helped arrange a meeting between
government IT professionals and Lynn after the talk. Klein said he was furious that Cisco had been unwilling to disclose the buffer-overflow vulnerability in unpatched routers. "I can see a class-action lawsuit against Cisco coming out of this," Klein said. "

(source:http://www.computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/story/0,10801,103539p2,00.html)

So does this imply Cisco silently fixed bugs, and Lynn scorned
them for that ? For all I see, the story is getting more and more confusing.

Cheers,
Halvar