Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: No sellout. was: RE: Lynn / Cisco shellcode

From: Holden Williamson <limeyhaqr () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 18:27:13 -0300

I prefer "In the year of our Lord, one thousand nine hundred and
ninety two." It sounds much more distinguished and on par with a
college-level course.

Or we could all start speaking in latin, refer to it as Ano Domini and
take the level of the academic posing that this entire situation has
become to whole new and nausiating levels.
Or we could just all stfu.

As you jump to conclusions about the ability of your fellow list
readers, perhaps you could give us the benefit of the doubt and
explore the possibility that it was Cisco's decision to move to
so-called "virtualized processes" that surprised some of us,
effectively lowering the shellcode bar and making the execution of
code on Cisco gear something that can be achieved by those of us not
residing on security's Mount Olympus. ;-)

I'm sorry. There's really just nothing more I can add to this.
My posing-proof vest has been breached. I've lost the will to argue.

<3

-holden