Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Britney and Kevin are Chaotic

From: Holden Williamson <limeyhaqr () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 00:14:46 -0300

HI
Well IDS is a bad joke, host based IDS a-la tripwire even more so.
The only solution I've seen to work 90% of the time is host based IPS
systems a-la grsecurity. Locally ( and in reality that should be your
#1 problem) PaX on it's own is a bad joke and relies on shit like
grsec to give it context. (assuming you lay aside all the bugs
grsecurity introduces (nevermind pax)).
Well as I always say, people hacked before exploits and they will hack
after exploits. People who rely on exploits are lazy, no more and no
less.

So, in other words -

Nothing is completely safe
Therefore trying to protect people is a bad joke
Owning people is fun
Let's get another beer?

- <3 tbob (the limey haqr who is drunk in brazil right now beijos)