Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: Re: bleeding nessus

From: Tom Ferris <tommy () security-protocols com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 14:15:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 4 May 2005, Ben Nagy wrote:

[Florian said]
You copied one of the MS DCOM plugins from Retina, IIRC.

Well, we don't use the same format for our checks, so they can't just "copy"
a Retina check. I know there was a check where we were credited, and maybe
they looked at _how_ we were checking, but that's far from the same thing.

eEye was credited after the fact that it was pointed out that Nessus did in fact copy the DCOM check.

That attributation gave us positive spin, so we have zero bone to pick.
Please don't drag eEye into this. Personally I find all of this venom
against Renaud (the guy _wrote_ nessus ffs) totally baffling. And this,
coming from a competitor.

Cheers,

ben
(employed by, but not speaking for eEye)