Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Re: bleeding nessus

From: "Kurt Seifried" <listuser () seifried org>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 17:25:56 -0600

I'm confused, I just caught the tail end of this thread but I can't find any plugins written by Gadi Evron (grep -i'ing for linuxbox, evron, gadi and so on) in the GPL'ed plugins (nessus-plugins-GPL-2.2.4.tar.gz). What exactly are the contributions that Gadi Evron has made to Nessus that he says were stolen by Nessus (or Tenable)? Actually I can't find any projects that "Gadi Evron" or "ge () linuxbox org" have done or contributed to, so it occurs to me this is probably an email alias, what email/name should I be searching the Nessus plug-ins or Nessus code for to find his contributed work?

One of the reasons I ask is I'm starting to flesh out a history of Open Source security and incidents such as this make for interesting reading.

Kurt Seifried, kurt () seifried org
A15B BEE5 B391 B9AD B0EF
AEB0 AD63 0B4E AD56 E574
http://seifried.org/security/