Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: VisualExploit.py

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 03:32:27 +0200

Isaac Dawson wrote:
*groan*, oh come on Dave making it a little tooooooo easy aren't you?
I just invision a four year old with one of those toys where you have
to put the square in the square hole, the sphere in the circle hole,
and the polygon in the polygon hole. I dunno personally if I wanted to
learn about exploitation I would really learn it! Just my thoughts,
but on the other hand it is such a friggen cool idea I can see why
you'd want to make it. (That and it will take a lot of the beginner
pain away). Although I'm some what disgusted with the idea, I'm also
very intrigued. Guess I'll wait and see :).
-Isaac

I don't know, not so long ago, you needed to know ASM to code. Most coders today don't know what ASM is.

7 years ago, most of the world would be awed by exploitation done by most people today.

7 years from now, ring0 would not be such a...

There are always new things to challenge and replace the old. Look at it as a way to move from R&D to mass production while progressing to more interesting things.

Holding on to the past just to preserve the fun times and/or status is silly.

But yes, I see your point.

It might surprise you if it ever happens;
1. There won't be a stage were kiddies will actually code, even like this.
2. People may actually begin there and learn ASM as they go.

It could be a Good Thing.

        Gadi.