Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: oracle on the traces of microsoft ?

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:15:39 -0800

On November 23, 2004 09:42 am, Maynor, David (ISS Atlanta) wrote:
No joke.  I fully agree.  If you've ever spent time rev eng their math
related code (including date handling) you'd be afraid... not necesarily
form a security standpoint but from a reliability/accuracy standpoint.

<sarcasm>
You are making it sound like Oracle is some large multinational company
with a large customer base and an ethical responsibility to keep that
base safe. I mean "hackers" only target applications and services that
are in wide use, come on now, who really uses Oracle. When you are a 3rd
rate software shop like Oracle who needs to release timely updates,
nothing important is running on it anyway.
</sarcasm>

mutter...mumble...unbreakable...mutter....mutter....

(sorry someone had to make that joke, lest we forget the worst marketing
campaign *ever* :-)
--
World Security Pros. Cutting Edge Training, Tools, and Techniques
Vancouver, Canada       May 4-6 2005  http://cansecwest.com