Dailydave mailing list archives

Pattern recognition

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:06:52 -0500

On the plane over to seattle I read william gibson's new book, "pattern recognition". Lately I've been reading a lot of books by historians and natural scientists, or simply second rate writers, so it was fairly shocking how good gibson's flow is. The story itself is about a woman who has an alergy to corporate logos. I don't want to go too deep into it, but suffice it to say that it doesn't falter at any point. And it takes a writer with real talent to work sep 11 into their story and not seem like a big cheese monster.

Anyways, everyone go pick it up. It's in the harbor news shops that have a monopoly on airport bookstores here in the us.

Seattle is so laid back. I'm feeling more culture shock here than in tokyo, possibly because its so similar to nyc, and yet warm. I was jaywalking across the street and a car stopped to let me pass. Wtf is that all about?

Anyways, if you are one of those people who never posts here, but kinda wants to, definately feel free. And ill anonymize it as well, if you like.

-dave