Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: Security Expert Certificates

From: "Steve W. Manzuik" <steve () security-sensei com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:30:27 -0700

Security is not just about writing the exploits.  It is, as you say, in
general knowing your shit about things in general.  I have met some very
smart people in my time in this industry, some can code exploits with their
eyes closed and hands broken and others who can't but at least can
understand the concepts.  I always get a kick out the people who make fun of
those who can't code -- coding isn't everything but it is a skill worth
having.

CISSP looks good for client and the CxO crowd that has no other benchmark to
judge someone by.