Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: RE: Re: Re: Solaris telnet vulnberability - how many on your network?

From: thefinn12345 () gmail com
Date: 16 Feb 2007 20:26:55 -0000

I wonder if that's the attitude the NSA and CIA had before the world trade centre came down ?

The idea isn't world domination via telnet, but infamy via one malicious act.

You cannot ever really trust code that you don't write yourself.

You can run around with fantasies of world domination via telnet if you wish. Take the thread wherever you like. I
don't ever remember mentioning it or even hinting at it.

The fundamental issue in computer security is that you are looking for the exception, not the standard.

You keep replying that the standard is so high the exception will never take place.

This is fundamentally flawed as an argument not to keep looking at this potential problem over the years.

You're a fool. I won't waste any more time on you.

TF.