Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Buffer overflow prevention

From: Patrick Dolan <dolan () cc admin unt edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:12:12 -0500

You're right, I didn't do any research to back up that claim.  I just assumed
it was included since Gentoo had it but in fact they just include the patch.
As previously mentioned, you can get it here if you're interested:
http://www.trl.ibm.com/projects/security/ssp/

And as also mentioned before, Grsecurity complements this protection well to
build a very secure server environment.  I highly recommend it.