Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: Motorola Cable Modem DOS

From: "Fulton Preston " <fulton () prestons org>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 22:27:33 -0500

All,

I too have a Motorola Surfboard 4200, not sure of revision/firmware
number, but whenever I have www.securityspace.com do a "basic scan" of
my system, my Motorola modem locks up hard and I have to power cycle it
to get it back.  It locks up before my IDS can detect anything so
something is up with these cable modems.