Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Loopback and multi-homed routing flaw in TCP/IP stack.

From: Dan Harkless <dan-bugtraq () DILVISH SPEED NET>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:26:09 -0800

Perry Harrington <pedward () WEBCOM COM> writes:
I don't think the behavior should change because of DSR.  DSR is more
useful than 'rightness' in my opinion.  A switch to turn it off if you
don't want it is something I'd advocate, but the default should be 'on'.

Why?  Using direct service return is the unusual case.  People who're doing
load-balancing already need to do complex configuration -- what's so big
about also having to turn on a flag to use the Weak ES Model?  If you can
make the average system more secure by making Strong ES the default, why not
do so?

Dan Harkless                   | To prevent SPAM contamination, please
dan-bugtraq () dilvish speed net  | do not mention this private email
SpeedGate Communications, Inc. | address in Usenet posts.  Thank you.