Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Invalid WINS entries

From: "Byrne, David" <dbyrne () TIAA-CREF ORG>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:57:06 -0500

First, I think you're right about the secure channel for NT, but does this
apply to 9x as well?

Second, even though a bogus DC won't participate in a domain, it will still
register itself in the 1C record. Try it if you don't believe me. I also
disagree that an H-node configuration is "properly configured". NetBIOS
broadcasts only allow you to query your network segment (assuming you aren't
forwarding broadcasts). This system might work fine in a small environment,
but P-node is the only way to go for an enterprise scale operation.

David Byrne, MCSE
TIAA CREF