Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: NAI Webshield SMTP for WinNT MIME header vuln

From: Eric Chien <ecchien () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 12:31:45 +0100

I doubt this is due to the MIME header problem.

W32.Goner.A@mm uses Outlook via MAPI to send it's message. It doesn't have its own SMTP engine and doesn't generate its own MIME headers. The MIME headers should be RFC compliant.

I'd double check configurations from properly updated DATs to verifying you are scanning SCR extensions.

Good luck,

...Eric