Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: NAI Webshield SMTP for WinNT MIME header vuln

From: Alan Monaghan <AlanM () Gardnerweb com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 15:10:45 -0500

Note: the newest virus (w32/gone.a-mm) is blowing thru the WebShield product
that runs on NT in front of our email server.
We have just updated to the newest DAT files from McAfee . 4174.

It seems to be a continuation of the other problem. Bottom line here, we are
using GroupShield in conjunction with WebShield and it is set to delete most
extensions on sight. The only way we saved ourselves from what looks to be a
very bad outbreak.

FYI

       Be like water my friend ...
Alan G. Monaghan