Bugtraq mailing list archives

JS problem in NS4.5 - known?

From: nwp () LEMON-COMPUTING COM (Nick Phillips)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 13:46:05 +0000

Interestingly enough, when I just read Edwin Gonzalez' message (re: JS
and Hotmail) in
Messenger 4.5 (the most recent available version under Debian "slink"),
I got a
Javascript alert box appear.

This despite the fact that according to my preferences, javascript is
turned off for
Mail & News. I've tested it again with javascript allegedly entirely
disabled, and it
still pops up the alert.

I haven't tested this with more recent versions yet, and I don't know
whether it's a
known problem (there seem to be so many...)

Oh, and it also crashes netscape when I try to reply to that message.
But then again,
netscape under Linux does seem to crash rather a lot anyway, so I'm not
necessarily
blaming the javascript for that.

Time to get fetchmail set up on this box so I can use mutt...

Nick