Bugtraq mailing list archives

A wee caveat - the freeware WAR-ftp server (most versions)

From: mnemonix () GLOBALNET CO UK (Mnemonix)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 05:43:10 +0100

Hey all,

An associate of mine had a problem recently whereby he had forgotten the password for the sysadmin account for  the
freeware WAR-ftp server for the Win32 platform. On looking into the problem to see if I could
discover his password I found that the waruser.dat file contains the password in clear text. So just in case - anyone
who uses the same password for their NT Administrator account, should probably change one of them - preferably the
Administrator account's password. I don't know if this is a "known" issue - but if not - you know now ;-)

l8r,
Mnemonix

http://www.diligence.co.uk/
http://www.infowar.co.uk/mnemonix/