Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: MySQL DoS ?

From: pbucic () mecon ar (Pablo Luis Bucich)
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 16:42:54 -0300

Hi
        This problem is present too at Oracle Sql*Net v1 in Dynix platforms,
        but not in HPUX or SCO. At Dynix, the problem is OS related (out
        of streams of type 64k)
        If this helps in any form ...

On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, Phear Me wrote:
This appeared at the MySQL list:
        A simple test script that connects/disconnects in an endless
        loop makes the MySQL server freeze after approximately 1100
        iterations.
        Is this a bug or a security related feature? If the latter,
        can I turn it off somehow, as it prevents me from
        investigating a memory leak in the DBD::mysql's connect
        method.

 Ministerio de Economia y Obras y Servicios Publicos
 Secretaria de Hacienda                    Tel    : +54 1 349-6110
 Pablo Luis Bucich                         Fax    : +54 1 349-6505
 Buenos Aires, Argentina                   e-mail : pbucic () mecon ar
Windows 95: n. 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch
            to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit
            microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company.

"Winners don't use Windows" -- Windows: Just Say No