Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: sendmail testing

From: yogo () math tau ac il (Yossi Gottlieb)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 00:47:56 +0200 (GMT+0200)

So what I'm confused about is this:  What is different about the way
sendmail processes the queue files when it is called with the -q option
and when it is just processing off smtp connections?  I see the exact same
behavior on 8.6.9 running on 4.1.3 and Linux.

There's nothing different actually, the problem is the reading of the queue
file which was spoofed. If the mail doesn't get queued (and gets delivered
immediately) things are treated as they should, as any \n characters are
treated as part of the strings. But if it ever gets down to the queue file,
once being read any things get whole new meanings (\n breaks the strings).

yossi (yogo () math tau ac il)