Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: IFS

From: barr () pop psu edu (David Barr)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 05:19:14 -0500

In message <Pine.SUN.3.91.950214171050.22047C-100000 () access3 digex net>, Paul R
obinson writes:
What is IFS, anyway?  I've seen it, but never anything to tell what it
is, what it does, what IFS stands for.

Installable File System.  One of the uses is to, for example, put a large

It also stands for "Institutional File System", which is a project
of CITI.  No doubt there are dozens of other uses of IFS in other
fields.

Now, can we please all just shut the hell up and get back to the
business of the list?  Questions like "What is IFS" have no business
here, and neither do answers to the same.

-Dave