Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Time for moderation?

From: kovar () NDA COM (David Kovar)
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 1994 10:47:08 -0400 (EDT)

  I'm not in favor of moderation, but I am not in favor of losing the
mailing list, either. In the past week we've had Sun source code
posted illegally and supposed Visa/MC numbers posted. Is it not possible
that short sighted authorities will attempt to close down the list
because of this sort of activity?

  True, it could happen to any list, and the information could be
distributed in a large number of other ways, which is why I said
"short sighted". But the FBI et al has never been known for being
subtle in this sort of situation. Wonder if they can attempt to
confiscate every computer that mail message went through .....

-Davd