Security Basics mailing list archives

Building an Information Asset database

From: sfmailsbm () gmail com
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 05:33:52 GMT

Hi list,

happy New Year to all of you

Looking for some best practices, reallife recommendations on how to go about to build up an Information Asset register,
which will basically contain a list of information being used within the organisation, where and how it is stored, and
where it is distributed, e.g. Card Information being stored on local hard disk without any encryption

This will be the basis to perform information risk assessments to mitigate potential risk issues

Any help on how to proceed, methodology and tools to manage all of this will be greatly appreciated

Thanks & regards,
Ronish

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1